Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:02:18 +0330
From:      takCoder <tak.official@gmail.com>
To:        s m <sam.gh1986@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: getting packets on a specific port by pf

hi,

suddenly this occured to my mind that, as you know, each firewall has a
virtual interface on system which they listen to..

so, isn't it possible to just forward required packets from ipfw to pf's
virtual if?

i have to mention that this is just an all-of-a-sudden idea and i'm not
sure about it's being right at all..

may be someone else can give both of us a tip on its being right or wrong??
:)

regards,
takCoder

Best Regards,
t.a.k

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM, s m <sam.gh1986@gmail.com> wrote:

> dear takcoder
>
> maybe you are right but now it is not important for me. i want to get
> packets by pf in order to set packet's TOS bit (packets which comes from
> IPFW).
>
> have you any suggestion?
>
> thanks for your attention
> sam
>

> On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM, takCoder <tak.official@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hey sam,
>>
>> i don't know the exact answer for your question.. but a question occurred
>> in my mind..
>> what's your final purpose of doing so? what do you exactly mean by the
>> phrase "to change them"??
>>
>> and don't you think that this sequence of firewalls has a deep effect on
>> your system performance? in my idea this seems just like a throughput
>> bottleneck.. isn't it so? or it's not important here?
>>
>> any how.. if you tell us more details about what you're looking for, may
>> be it become more clear for guys such as me! ;)
>>
>> yours,
>> takcoder
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 3:53 PM, s m <sam.gh1986@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  hello guys
>>>
>>> i have a problem with getting packets which are diverted to a specific
>>> port
>>> by PF. i mean i diverted my packets to a specific port by IPFW and want
>>> get these packets by PF to change them.
>>> i used "ipfw add 1000 divert 8000 all form any to any" command to divert
>>> my
>>> packets. how can i get these packets by pf on port number 8000?
>>>
>>> pf has "divert-reply" option. should i use it to get packets? how? any
>>> comments or hints are really appreciated.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> sam