Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 1997 14:28:13 -0800
From:      CBTravenss <cbt@mcia.com>
To:        webmaster@owlsnest.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Worst Marketing Strategies

Receiving unsolicited email from owlsnest.com was annoying enough but
stating that by replying and returning a copy of your email, I am
therein giving owlsnet.com personnel authorization
to do something and then bill me is totally outrageous. I'm contributing
to an article on Internet marketing techniques and will use your
technique as an example of the worst of them.

Your affiliation with the FreeBSD organization (your one-page Web
presence:
www.owlsnest.com
offers only one link and the link is to the FreeBSD site), prompts me to
send copies of this message to them so that they can rethink their
affiliation with you, or if your organization and theirs is one and the
same, the marketing strategy you have devised can be more thoughtfully
planned.

CBT