Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 00:33:31 +0800 (WST)
From:      Michael Kennett <mike@laurasia.com.au>
To:        publisher@office.ompages.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pccard with ThinkPad 365X

Hi Nate,

> > I've not found any good documentation on pccards and FreeBSD, but I've
> > referenced the following sites:
> >
> >    http://www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO
> >    http://www.freebsd-uk.eu.org/~scott/xe_drv/
> >                [  I want to use a Xircom CreditCard 10/100 card  ]
>
> I would re-install the system from scratch with the PAO boot floppies,
> download the paobin software onto something (like a cd) and after you install
> the system, install the paobin software.  Then I would suspect that if you
> don't have a cardbus card, everything will work fine.  If you only have a
> cardbus, try NetBSD or Linux, because FreeBSD and OpenBSD don't support
> cardbus yet.

OK, this is a real newbie question, but what is the difference between
cardbus and pccard?  Actually, what is cardbus?

Unfortunately, the *only* way I can transfer data onto the laptop is via
floppy -- I can't hook up to the network (Xircom card doesn't work), and
there is no CD player.

> --Nate

Regards,

Mike Kennett