Date:      Sat, 3 Aug 2002 13:09:39 -0700
From:      Brent Kearney <brent@kearneys.ca>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   MiLAN 11M WLAN Card v2.5

Hi there,

I installed FreeBSD 4.5 from CD on a Dell Latitude CPi (which
was flawless, btw!), and I'm trying to get an 802.11b card to
work with pccardd.  The details on the card are:

front:
MiLAN
technology
Sh<i>Air</i> Office

MIL-W1897 WIRELESS CARD 11Mbps - 802.11B

back:
W1897-01
PCMCIA 11M Wireless LAN Card
P/N: WE250-IF

I added this to /etc/pccard.conf:

card "PCMCIA" "11M WLAN Card v2.5"
	config default "ed"?
	insert /etc/pccard_ether $device start
	remove /etc/pccard_ether $device stop

And I get this result when I plug in the card:

Assigning I/0 window 0, start 0x240, size 0x40 flags 0x
ed0, io 0x240-0x27f, mem 0x0, 0 bytes, irq 11, flags 0

driver allocation failed for PCMCIA(11M WLAN Card v2.5):
Device not configured

I tried substituting 'ed' for the other drivers that
wireless cards use in that file, and got similar results.

Someone told me they got this card to work in Linux, but
I don't have the details.  Has anyone heard of this card,
been able to get it to work in FreeBSD, or otherwise has
any constructive advice?

Many thanks,

Brent