Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2001 09:52:34 -0700
From:      "Freddie Cash" <fcash@bigfoot.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:Just an observation - MUA's seen in the lists

On 13 Apr 2001, at 10:35, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 13 Apr 2001, at 8:25, Peter wrote:
> >  Or many of us are at work in a Windows only shop as the desktops,
> > and our webservers are nix. [Flame War --- As  M$ office is just
> > about the best office product out there ].

> [What's this white spirits sitting by my desk? /me throws it away]
> Agree.  There is no other office suite worth the same.

And here I thought *nix users liked to have full control over their
apps.  Tsk tsk tsk, getting a paper click to do their work for them.
:)  Nothing beats Reveal Codes in WordPerfect to get a document
looking *exactly* the way you want it to... and knowing why it looks
the way it does when something goes wrong.  :)

IMO, the only "wordprocessor" Microsoft ever got to work correctly,
and was worth buying, was Works 3.0.  None of their offive producs
since can compare to its simplicity, flexibility, and power.  :)

As for MUAs, so long as the mail travels reliably between servers,
and the servers are solid enough to service all the clients, then it
doesn't really matter what they are running on the client end.  I'm
writing this in Pegasus Mail since that's the proggie I've used for
the past 5 years, before I found FreeBSD.  Someday, I might move to a
FreeBSD desktop, but for now I'm content with Win98SE on the laptop
and FreeBSD in the server room.

Cheers,
Freddie
fcash@bigfoot.com

Reject complexity, embrace simplicity, and leave your
ego at the door.
    - Colonel Kernel @ http://dualboot.net