Date:      Sat, 20 May 2000 18:35:15 -0400
From:      "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   motherboard bios flash w/FreeBSD?

Question:

re: motherboard, here is quote from the bios readdme.txt for my (Abit VA6)
motherboard:
"Please be aware ! Flashing can not be completed under a Windows95/98 or
Windows NT environment, you must be in a pure DOS environment"

So, does that mean, that I should have a DOS partiton on the disk w/FreeBSD
if I ever wanted to flash?

Or, (I assume this would work(nah(?))), if I ever want to flash the bios I
just could boot w/a dos boot floopy and then flash. But there would be no
fat16 partitons on the disk itself - therefore what would happen - I couldnt
boot to dos? I would have to have a dos partion?

What do you think.  Thanks sincerely.

nota bene:   http://www.abit.nl/english/product/va6.htm   : the motherboard
wwswite