Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 13:11:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        Steve Pyrros <steve@megacom.com.au>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports not available on 2.2.7

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Steve Pyrros wrote:

> Please excuse my ignorance on freebsd. I have version 2.2.7 and I
> have installed the ports. I can see the ports in /usr/ports I cant
> make any of the ports. For example kermit. It's there as
> /usr/ports/comms/kermit I type make; make install and the make
> program searches the CDROM, fails in the search and then tries to
> ftp the file from the net, of which I haven't and dont wish to
> connect at this time. My question is are the ports on the CDROM and
> if so where? I have searched all 4 CDROMs with no luck.
>
> Am i doing something wrong?

Well, you picked as an example one of the few ports that have licensing
restrictions such that the source software cannot be included in the
cdrom, and you have to fetch it yourself.

Thank the Columbia University for that.

Pick a different port, or arrange to get the kermit sources from:

ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/archives/cku192src.tar.gz

> regards Steve Pyrros

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).