Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2012 13:26:55 +0800
From:      "Wright, Brett" <Brett.Wright@cooperindustries.com>
To:        "Adrian Chadd" <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Atheros DFS radar detection

Hi Adrian,

Yes madwifi-dfs.=20

> Which radar configuration parameters are you using?
> I'd first start by looking at the radar parameters that you're using.
> What are they?

I think this is the standard setup for DFS, firstly setup the rx filter
for phy radar errors (am not using interference mitigation so
HAL_RX_FILTER_PHYERR is not set):

	rfilt |=3D HAL_RX_FILTER_PHYRADAR;
	ath_hal_setrxfilter(ah, rfilt);

Then in the rx interrupt check for radar pulses:

	if ((HAL_RXERR_PHY =3D=3D rs->rs_status) &&
	    (HAL_PHYERR_RADAR =3D=3D (rs->rs_phyerr & 0x1f)) &&
	    !(bf->bf_status & ATH_BUFSTATUS_RADAR_DONE) &&
	    (ic->ic_flags & IEEE80211_F_DOTH))
		check_for_radar =3D 1;

And then these pulses are analyzed and potentially matched to the
required radar patterns...
The problem as I see it is that I get these phy radar errors even when
the only thing going on is valid (i.e. crc error free data). There is no
other RF noise around, I can even do the test with coax and attenuators
between my two modules. I only get the "false pulse" phy radar errors
when I am transferring data between my pair of modules under test.=20

Thanks
Brett