Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 23:12:18 -0800
From:      "xavian anderson macpherson" <professional3d@home.com>
To:        "John Baldwin" <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: installing freebsd from windows nt without using boot disks

why is it so difficult to use the linux driver as the starting point for
freebsd?  two different versions of linux (suse and mandrake) that i have
used work just fine (as would undoubtedly all the others as well).  if
freebsd is so adept at using linux components, why is it so difficult to
port all of the linux drivers to freebsd?  heaven forbid, is this an
admitted shortcoming?