Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 1999 08:04:08 -0400
From:      Kevin Rooney <Kevin_Rooney@sw.cc.va.us>
To:        'Ryndin Alexey' <alfapri@cityline.ru>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Adaptec AVA-1505

My experience with the 1505 has not been good, although I've heard of it
working for some people.  I could get the kernel to probe the card using
the aic controller, but it wouldn't talk to my tape drive.  So, I
swapped it for a 2940 and all is well.

If you look at the hardware.txt file for each distribution in the ftp
site this is usually the most accurate information, but I've learned to
check the mailing list archive as well.