Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:57:52 -0400
From:      richf <juggler@optonline.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.3 does not autoboot?

----- Original Message -----
From: Gudknecht, Joel <Joel.Gudknecht@Honeywell.com>

> When you initially set it up you should have chose Standard instead of
> BootMgr when it asked what you want done with the MBR. if you run
> /stand/sysinstall and go configure, then fdisk I believe you can make that
> change

I've tried 4 different types of installs:
1) Dangerously dedicated with and without a BootMgr
2) Standard install with and without a BootMgr

Currently I'm running a "Standard" install without a boot manager.

None of these variations has had any effect on boot2. Booting still waits at
the "boot: " prompt :-(
Not that it makes any difference, but I've also used 2 different boot
managers: grub and osbd(?). Neither had the desired effect.