Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2002 11:45:49 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Zceth@broadpark.no
Subject:   Re: Breaking permissions on Windows 2000 (Server Edition)

Hi Zceth@broadpark.no!

On  8 Feb 02 at 10:23 you wrote:

> My school uses Windows 2000 on their workstations. Believe me
> I've tried converting them to UNIX. But the sysadmin is a jerk,
> something he'll always be.

Your attitude does not help. If you go to the sysadmin and say
"hey, you jerk, upgrade our entire school from windows to bsd
because i like it", I can see why the sysadmin is not cooperating.

Additionally, would you be ready to take on the responsibilities of
administering your school's network if the current sysadmin is not
capable of doing it after converting to BSD? Would you be prepared
to go to your school's management and tell them they have to fire
the sysadmin because (s)he doesn't support BSD?

> Is it possible breaking my user permissions so that I can
> execute PuTTY.exe and finally get things going?

I have no idea.

> I know I'm asking for advices on 'how to hack' Windows. But
> since you all hate Windows,

No, we don't.

--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Be sure to use DEVICE=EXXON to screw up your environment.