Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 05:01:14 -0800
From:      "William R. Somsky" <wrsomsky@halcyon.com>
To:        Dom Mitchell <Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /var/db/pkg/.mkversion

On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 09:56:07AM +0100, Dom Mitchell wrote:
> On 30 March 1999, Satoshi Asami proclaimed:
>
> Just a side note; this new file breaks pkg_info.  I've appended a simple
> patch below; somebody ought to do something better for the version in
> the src tree.

Yep, this definitely suggests that /var/db/pkg isn't the appropriate
place for the "make version" file.  I think /usr/share/mk would
be better.  After all, that's where the make files that it's saying
what the date of are anyway.  And potentially, things other than
ports might want to refer to it as well.