Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:27:56 -0400
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "Alexis Georges" <floating_in_space_@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sympatico ADSL connection through a hub

In your /etc/rc.conf, are you setting an IP address for the dc0 interface?
If you are, then PPPoE won't work properly since the interface is already up
and running.

Check for a line that looks like this:

ifconfig_dc0="inet 10.0.0.1 netmask 0xfffffffc"

If a line like this exists, comment it out (put a # sign in front of it) and
then reboot.

--
Matt