Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 2000 13:27:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      phylos@lycosmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to setup Apache with a localhost

Hi hello, I need some information about how to setup apache with my localhost (127.0.0.1).  I donīt know so much TCP/IP in FreeBSD. I easily set up the localhost with Linux and Windows NT with a domain and the ip (127.0.0.1). I tried many things like the host file and setting httpd.conf and apache.conf in the folder /usr/local/etc/apache. If use the command ping, its seems to me that the localhost is working because Iīm reciving answer that the protocol is fine. But if I tried to open the localhost (127.0.0.1) in the browser to see if the webserver is working, I donīt receive answer, Tried to things I wrote the ip address and the localhost, but is not working. I would like to see if someone can help with that. I donīt know so much about FreeBSD (Only the kernel configuration). I have FreeBSD 4.0 on a Pentium Celeron with 128 of ram.

Thanks a lot.