Date:      Mon, 05 Apr 1999 14:39:54 +0200
From:      Andres <dae@via.ecp.fr>
To:        Guy Helmer <ghelmer@scl.ameslab.gov>, Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bridging

Guy Helmer wrote:

> /sys/i386/isa/if_ep.c does not have bridging support in it.  If nobody
> else has sent you patches to enable bridging in if_ep.c, please let me
> know.  I have written bridging support in a related driver and it should
> not be difficult to write the patch for if_ep.c.

thanks for your quick answers. i'm using 3.1-R, and i'd seen from the
"man 4 bridge":

     Not all interface support bridging -- at the moment it works for
``ed'',
     ``de'', ``ep'', ``fxp'', ``lnc'' interfaces.

so i assumed that both my nics were able to do bridging. that was
probably wrong, and nobody has sent me patches for if_ep.c yet. if it's
not difficult for you to do one, a patch would be greatly appreciated.
how can i tell from the source whether an interface is or not able to
bridge ? i've tried to look at if_ed (assuming that ed could do
bridging) , but couldn't spot the pieces of code that made it suited for
bridging.

regards,

	Andres.