Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:02:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jason Hunt <leth@primus.ca>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Subject:   Re: linux_base-7.1 woes

Sorry for cross-posting, not sure which list is appropriate, since I'm not
sure where this problem is occurring.

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 01:07:22PM -0400, Jason Hunt wrote:
>
> > pid 5389 (glibc_post_upgra), uid 0: exited on signal 12 (core dumped)
>
> Signal 12 is 'unimplemented syscall'.  This should not be happening on
> 4.x-stable.  I guess it could conceivably be the linux module (though
> I've never seen it give a signal 12), which is not rebuilt by
> buildworld; it's built alongside your kernel with a 'make
> buildkernel'.

My bad, I didn't mention that I am also doing buildkernel/installkernel.

The module seems to be up to date.  I removed the
/usr/src/sys/compile/SYSTEMNAME directory and rebuilt my custom kernel
again, but I am still getting the same error.  The MD5 checksum's for
/modules/linux.ko and /modules.old/linux.ko are the same, which is
1ed432f793e203df57cca226578c0713.

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:

> Do you have the linux.ko loaded or statically compiled at the same
> you are trying to install linux_base?

I tried compiling the kernel with "options COMPAT_LINUX" as well, but that
doesn't seem to make a difference.

I think I will try taking looking at the .core that is generated, but I
really don't know what to look for, or if that would even help in this
case.  I think there's something in the handbook or the gdb manual about
how to look at .core's ... ?

I will also try installing the .tgz (.tbz?) package and see if it works,
but I don't think I should really have to.  This seems to indicate that
something somewhere is screwing up.