Date:      Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:38:38 -0600
From:      Ken Gunderson <kgunders@teamcool.net>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: designing new freebsd server for amd64 arch

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 07:48:15 -0600
Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org> wrote:

> Ketrien I. Saihr-Kesenchedra wrote:

> > I missed the start of this thread. Whoops!
> > First of all, don't use the K8WE. Use either the K8SPro or K8SR. The K8SR is
> > very picky about risers, though, so I generally recommend the K8SPro. Honestly,
> > Tyan is not my first choice either. The Iwill DK8S/DK8S2 is better on paper,
> > but I've never been able to find one.
> >

> >>No experience with these; the LSI 320-2X has been extremely reliable
> >>for us.
> >

> > The Adaptec 2130SLP is a big no-no. The driver is not 64-bit clean last I
> > looked.
> >

> This is absolutely false.  Please stop spreading this complete rubbish.

>From what I've been able to discern from the archives, it appears the
LSI 320 cards are more popular on amd64...

Does anyone have experience with the 2130SLP (and/or it's pci
counterparts, e.g. the 2120) under amd64, and if so, can you share your
experiences, positive or negative?

I'm leaning towards the LSI, but my distributor stocks the Adaptecs and
all other things being equal it's easier to get everything from
under one roof...

Thanks for your input;)

 --
Best regards,

Ken Gunderson
GPG Key-- 9F5179FD

"Freedom begins between the ears."	-- Edward Abbey