Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2022 11:14:15 +0100
From:      Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
To:        KIRIYAMA Kazuhiko <kiri@truefc.org>
Cc:        Greg V <greg@unrelenting.technology>, x11@freebsd.org, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is there any X driver for Panfrost on PBP ?

On Mon, 21 Feb 2022 21:22:19 +0900
KIRIYAMA Kazuhiko <kiri@truefc.org> wrote:

> Hi, Greg !
>=20
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2022 09:06:49 +0900,
> Greg V wrote:
> >=20
> > On February 21, 2022 1:26:26 AM GMT+03:00, KIRIYAMA Kazuhiko <kiri@true=
fc.org> wrote:
> > >Hi, lists
> >=20
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > [..]
> >=20
> > >rk_drm0: Cannot find port with phandle 10
> >=20
> > (hopefully this one is harmless..)

 It is depending on the platform, it's just a warning that we couldn't
find one component of the pipeline (so for example eDP on a board or
HDMI on the PinebookPro in this case).

> > >But I could not found panfrot X driver. Is there any panfrost
> > >X driver for FreeBSD ?
> >=20
> > Please forget about the notion of hardware specific X drivers and just =
run startx.
> >=20
> > There is *one* relevant X video driver ? xf86-video-modesetting ? and i=
t is built in.
> >=20
> > (Ok, -amdgpu is somewhat relevant but that's just -modesetting with Tea=
rFree hacks. Meanwhile -intel is a terrible pile of abandonware that mostly=
 causes problems.)
> >=20
>=20
> I set Driver to "modesetting" in Device section :
>=20
> kiri@kazu:~[1002]% cat /usr/local/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/30-driver-mali.co=
nf=20
> Section "Device"
>       Identifier "Card1"
>       Driver "modesetting"
> EndSection
> kiri@kazu:~[1003]%=20
>=20
> and then `startx', X started  :-)

 You shouldn't have to provide any X configuration, modesetting is the
default.

> kiri@kazu:~[1003]% cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> [log trimmed]
> I tried to run firefox and viewed sevral YouTube channels,
> then suddenly crashed with :
>=20
> kiri@kazu:~[1008]% firefox
> Crash Annotation GraphicsCriticalError: |[0][GFX1-]: No GPUs detected via=
 PCI (t=3D5.25465) [GFX1-]: No GPUs detected via PCI
> Crash Annotation GraphicsCriticalError: |[0][GFX1-]: No GPUs detected via=
 PCI (t=3D5.25465) |[1][GFX1-]: glxtest: process failed (received signal 11=
) (t=3D5.2565) [GFX1-]: glxtest: process failed (received signal 11)

 That seems to be some firefox specific thing where it looks for the
DRI driver and (probably) do optimization based on this.
 See
https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/source/widget/gtk/GfxInfo.cpp#343

 I don't really know what the correct value should be for embedded
platform tbh. It's probably using the render node to get the driver
name (that is what make sense at least) but even if we returned the
correct value in the panfrost code right now it doesn't handle it ...

> But now stable ;-)
>=20
> Anyway thanx !
>=20