Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:00:48 -0600 (CST)
From:      Paul Halliday <dp@penix.org>
To:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>
Cc:        <alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: strange..

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Bernd Walter wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 08:18:59PM -0600, Paul Halliday wrote:
> > 	Just trying to clean up my disks a bit so I ran make clean in /usr/ports.
> > Yeah I have installed a few packages, but it has been running since last
> > night prolly ~20hrs so far.
> >
> > 	Seems odd.
> >
> > PC164 500mhz, 264MB ram.
> > ad0: 6149MB <QUANTUM FIREBALL EX6.4A> [13328/15/63] at ata0-master WDMA2
> > ad1: 2014MB <WDC AC22100H> [4092/16/63] at ata0-slave WDMA2
>
> The IDE controller on an PC164 board is very CPU intensive.
Could you define "intensive" here. To the point of being counter
productive, not efficient, my grandma could do it faster without breaking
a sweat intensive?

Should I be utilising some other means of magnetic storage??

> And make clean is doing all dependencies everytime.

Sounds kinda superfluous, shouldn't make clean take advantage of some
check so that it is not doing all dependencies every time?