Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2001 22:04:10 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        webdesigns COMNET <webdesigns@comnet.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: modems

webdesigns COMNET wrote:

> Hi everyone.
> I need help installing an external 33.6 modem on FreeBSD 4.4-release.
> I have never done this before, and so far I have only enabled the sio's in
> kernel.
> What else do I need to do now?

Depends a lot on what you want to do with the modem.
If you want to dial out, I recomment reading the handbook section on ppp
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ppp-and-slip.html
If you want to dial in, there's a section on that as well.

--
"Where's the robot to pat you on the back?"