Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 00:23:47 -0400
From:      "J. Douglas Dunlop" <dunlop@eol.ists.ca>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD needs one of these

At 10:31 pm -0400 7/23/97, John Fieber wrote:
>http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber/docbook/dec/BOOK-0001.html
>
>(please excuse HTML glitches)
>
>-john

I agree! However I need help to get started using docbook. I doubt I am alone.

My problem is not writing the sgml code but producing output. Can you
please explain how you split this document. I  have a multi-chapter book
that I want to put on-line and I am using 'sgmlfmt' but I can only produce
a single large html file.

What tools did you use to process the sgml, please include version numbers?
URLs for helpful on-line info would be much appreciated.

I peeked at the SGML and noticed that you used docbook v2.4.1. Can this
type of output be done using docbook v3.0?

Regards,
Doug

    ____/  _   /  /  J. Douglas Dunlop                  <dunlop@eol.ists.ca>
   /      /   /  /                                    Earth Observations Lab
   _/    /   /  /                Institute for Space and Terrestrial Science
 /      /   /  /                                    4850 Keele St.,2nd Floor
____/ _____/ _____/  W:416-665-5411                      North York, Ontario
                     H:519-747-1710                          CANADA, M3J-3K1
                     F:416-665-2032
                          http://www.eol.ists.ca/