Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 2000 11:26:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Alex Zakirov <frank@hellbell.agava.ru>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vinum raid5 officially broken?

:	Hail!
:
:Is raid5 in vinum officially broken in 4.x branch?
:I can't get stable system (make buildworld at least) on both
:ata+(dual celeron) and ahc(7896)+(dual PIII). OS still hangs while
:'make buildworld' on raid5 volume proceed.
:
:"vinum raid5-panic tentitive patch" by Matt Dillon doesn't help.
:It only takes more time before hangs occur :((
:
:Is there any plans to fix raid5 in vinum?
:
:*** WBR, Alexey Zakirov (frank@agava.com)

    If you can describe the setup you are using which causes vinum to
    reliably crash, and the exact make line you are using to do the
    buildworld, I can try to reproduce it on my test box.  Be sure you
    continue to use -stable (4.x) rather then -current.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>