Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2012 18:13:22 +0200
From:      rudo tomori <rudotx@gmail.com>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Subject:   cpu limits status report

Hi,
the goal of my gsoc project is to enable the system administrators to
configure %CPU limits using the rctl command. So that they can for
example limit a particular user to 50% cpu time.

I spent last week with testing and I fixed some witness complaints. I
also improved the %CPU statistics counting - the 4BSD scheduler I am
now working with updates the %cpu usage statistics once a second for
every thread. Now I also count the data from the yet unfinished
second.

I think I am now done with per-process %cpu limits and this week I
start working on per-user cpu limits.

rudo