Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2011 23:38:11 +0200
From:      Damjan Marion <damjan.marion@gmail.com>
To:        Olivier Houchard <mlfbsd@ci0.org>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, Mark Murray <markm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Beagleboard stuff

Hi,

http://people.freebsd.org/~markm/src.beagleboard.diff.
>>=20
>> Is this of any use? :-)
>>=20
>=20
> yes it his :) armv6/v7 support has been wanted for a long time now.
> However, there's been ongoing discussions with Mark Tinguely, raj@ and =
others
> about how to handle the MMU differences between <=3D v5 and >=3D v6, =
and I think
> the consensus was we should create a new pmap_v6.c file, maybe using =
kobj as
> is done in the ppc port. Maybe now is a good time to do so :)

This is very interesting topic to me. I just received few days ago =
pandaboard, which is somehow successor of beagleboard and it is built on =
TI OMAP4430 SoC.
Main difference is that this one is dual core ARM Cortex-A9 so it needs =
SMP support. I guess that so far there is no SMP in ARM implementation =
on FreeBSD so I planed to spent some time on it.=20
Is there any work done so far on SMP side?=20
If not is there any wider interest to implement ARM MPCore in FreeBSD?
Any other thoughts on this topic?

Thanks,

Damjan
=20