Date:      Sun, 15 Apr 2001 21:35:37 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Alwyn Goodloe <agoodloe@gradient.cis.upenn.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone managed to get microns ClientPro's X going

* Alwyn Goodloe <agoodloe@gradient.cis.upenn.edu> [010415 19:54] wrote:

>   We have several systems like our Micron ClientPros running FreeBSD.
>
>   These machines have the Intel 82810E chip in it and what seems forever
> there has only been XFree86 drivers for the Linux.
>
>  Is my info out of date??
>
>  Has anyone found a workaround ??
>
>  To be honest I'm tired of all the snickering from the Linux guys in my
> office.  Not haveing X windows running was embarsing, but now I MUST have
> it working.
>
>  I know that the XFree86 guys are the ones to bitch to but the last time I
> did they seemed to say -- use Linux.
>

>   Any help, suggestions, etc.

Almost all the graphical support in XFree86 is in XFree86, there's
probably nothing in there that's Linux dependant.

so:

1) ask these snickering wankers for thier XFree config files, they
   should just work (as long as you have the same version of XFree)

2) make sure you're running the same version of XFree that they are,
   perhaps you're using XFree 3 while the Linux people have Xfree 4.
   (XFree 4 is available in ports)

3) or... ask your boss to plonk down ~100$ for a commercial X server:
   http://www.metrolink.com/
   http://www.xig.com/

Daemon News Magazine in your snail-mail! http://magazine.daemonnews.org/