Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2023 07:08:31 +0100
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: updated to 13.1 (i386). Apache won't run if php80 enabled

On Wed, 5 Apr 2023 11:09:37 -0400
William Dudley <wfdudley@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have another machine running 13.1, but it's amd64.  It happily runs
> Apache with php80, so I downgraded the i386 machine to php80
> so the two machines would be "the same".
>
> Except this didn't fix the problem.  Apache won't run with either php80
> OR php81 enabled, using this stanza in httpd.conf:

	Two possibilities spring to mind

	- the two machines are not "the same", check all relevant package
versions right down the dependency tree.

	- The code depends on a feature not in one CPU or something of that
order. Given that PHP and Apache work independently the glue is the prime
suspect, I'd try building mod-php from ports.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>