Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2003 08:40:28 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Hiroki Sato <hrs@eos.ocn.ne.jp>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: suggestion for adding a l10n-capable doc-format navi

--==_Exmh_19964324P

If memory serves me right, Hiroki Sato wrote:

>  I have committed the patch.  All of docs in {en_US.ISO8859-1,
>  ja_JP.eucJP}/articles/ and {en_US.ISO8859-1,ja_JP.eucJP}/books/ now
>  have a link that can be used for readers to choose split and single
>  HTML version.

Nice!

Random thought:  I wonder if it'd have been better to leaving it default
to "WITH_DOCFORMAT_NAVI_LINK?=NO" and then explicitly setting
"WITH_DOCFORMAT_NAVI_LINK=YES" in the Web site build, the release build
doc.1 target, etc.  The case I am thinking of is that if someone builds
an html version only (the default), they'll get a dangling link to a
non-existant (or stale) html-split version.

I'm not sure what the default for the release documentation should be.
If it's changed to be consistent with the rest of the doc set, then I
need to override WITH_DOCFORMAT_NAVI_LINK for the release build and my
snapshot pages (because neither build the html-split version).  On the
other hand, this is a fairly trivial thing to do, so...???...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Bruce.

PS.  Yes, I should have mentioned this when you posted this patch
earlier.  Sorry about that!  But I'm glad you committed this in any
case.

--==_Exmh_19964324P

--==_Exmh_19964324P--