Date:      Wed, 5 Aug 2015 23:56:34 -0700
From:      Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@freebsd.org>, freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>,  =?UTF-8?Q?Mika=C3=ABl_Urankar?= <mikael.urankar@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Hummingboard u-boot not loading?
References:  <CABx9NuTk2xwncnOMb73ujtOLmA4LvN7V=CHfiL5CC9bFwZ%2BX_Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAJwjRmSx3JJLTROzTPfDpAptJoiOSsOS6V2ZrWSDYE-8DaGm5g@mail.gmail.com> <20150801182519.4886608.58781.1809@gmail.com> <CABx9NuQi2=8L_1hdpkTPLi864X9y5RigU2Vg7FyAhCOc_v8MNQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAJwjRmQegAs5WcudU0baUqM%2BBxBW=MNpwsBx7ep7QUjAxS%2BtPw@mail.gmail.com> <CABx9NuTeExjRFa7YrpDFa3nJwDx9gg%2B0_wCqAhRF1ezFga6pNA@mail.gmail.com> <CABx9NuT-bcoz_wyz9s5rAuy7jEPwzJ0PehLsXQSh2EOiT3GEFA@mail.gmail.com> <CABx9NuTJ-9NeEQpMZk3nRZVCcYZOspfeX7K1=zGxhjYTMb1_1A@mail.gmail.com> <CABx9NuSm5rwVJYRxPAXoRnx7qyq%2BgBC48BufHPkS4M09V155iw@mail.gmail.com> <CAFHCsPXo2BLkrmfsB7UbwZZtsLkB=iAU9wK67O6Y6FJBDgSBnA@mail.gmail.com> <20150804220401.4886608.77426.1917@gmail.com> <CABx9NuQnDmJ0ToPQ4LgsDq3XSTYhgqMw60uk%2BPaqbw1-ESHp-Q@mail.gmail.com> <1438794143.70393.174.camel@freebsd.org>

Thanks Ian, it worked!!! (sort of)

First, thank you for the dtb correction. The wonky name was a placeholder
from my notes. Second, I was able to run the following commands manually
and boot:

setenv fdt_file imx6dl-hummingboard.dtb;
fatload mmc 0 10800000 ubldr.bin;
go 10800000;

However after ubldr started booting the kernel, the screen turned into a
"coloured lattice". I have picture if anyone is so inclined=E2=80=8B=E2=80=
=8B
https://goo.gl/photos/YZDmoy6TJzpssovf6

I am wondering if that is due to the HDMI patch from Oleksandr that I
applied?
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2015-July/011912.html

I saw on his profile what looks like a second revision to the patch. I
wonder if I should back the original patch out with a fresh subversion get,
or try the updated patch?  Or is this possibly unrelated?

Thanks guys!

Russ

-access-when-supported-by-the-compiler