Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 17:00:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.ORG>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: securelevel and ipfw zero

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Nate Williams wrote:

> > > Sure looks like you did.  There are white-space and re-ordering
> > > modifications in the diffs you sent out.  If you didn't do them, who
> > > did?
> >
> > I refuse to justify putting variables in a function I changed in the
> > right place.
>
> This and other obnoxious responses to valid responses makes me want to
> ask for your commit privileges.  You obviously don't care what anyone
> else has done.
>
> > > In particular, the changes I pointed out are not 'cleanups', but style
> > > changes.
> >
> > When you make code readable, it's a cleanup.
>
> The code is *NO* more readable by you re-ordering lines and changes
> whitespace.

This is so very objective.

> Grow up and quit acting like a child who doesn't wanna follow the rules.

quit acting like and old fart that fears change. (*)

afaik, Brian is the mainter of ipfw, it should be noted so, so that
if his changes break something it comes down on his head.  Trust
me to say something if that occurs.

I'm no big friend of Brian, however changes to correct readability
should be welcome especially to the maintainer.

-Alfred Perlstein - [bright@rush.net|bright@wintelcom.net]
systems administrator and programmer
    Wintelcom - http://www.wintelcom.net/

(*) if you don't like "old fart" then choose to play the age card
with a bit more thought, there are many other commiters that fall
under your catagorization.