Date:      Sun, 2 Sep 2018 20:31:34 -0400
From:      George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>
To:        freebsd-gecko@freebsd.org
Cc:        George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: firefox-60.0_2,1 missing 'Print to LPR'

--lNE0c05Ocy6gPWttlL2GUP3T8gMFivhI9
From: George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>
To: freebsd-gecko@freebsd.org
Cc: George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>

--55UBDKjdHwyQk6UwoUEfE3z9eE39CFAb8

> LPR backend doesn't support PDF, so 'Print to LPR' disappeared after
> Firefox 59 removed GTK_PRINT_CAPABILITY_GENERATE_PS. Try the attached
> patch to confirm.

The patch attached to the May 13 message in this thread works.  But it's
not true to say that LPR does not support PDF.  I created a patch and a
bug, 231110, which fixes the problem at the GTK end by asserting that
lpr does accept pdf.  I suspect that upstream firefox might not want
to roll back their change from generating PostScript to PDF, but maybe
upstream GTK might accept this print dialog change.

I'm not subscribed to freebsd-gecko, so please CC me on replies.
Thanks for the original patch in any case.                  -- George