Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:13:23 +0200
From:      Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   malloc problems with MySQL?

Hello,

I have an SMP i386 machine with 2G RAM on which I would like to test
MySQL. The OS is CURRENT as of today.

The problem is that with the exact same configuration as with 6-STABLE,
MySQL cannot allocate more than about 400-500MB of memory:

mysqld: (malloc) Error in malloc(838877200): out of memory
mysqld got signal 6;

Limits seems to be OK:
   datasize          2097152 kB
I have kern.maxdsiz=2G in loader.conf.

MySQL gets errno 12 (ENOMEM) when trying to allocate that amount of RAM.

What else is needed to make it work with the new malloc implementation?
I can malloc the same amount of memory from a one liner program...

Thanks,
--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: Attila.Nagy@fsn.hu
Free Software Network (FSN.HU)                 phone: +3630 306 6758