Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 1995 08:14:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        76220.424@compuserve.com (Charles Brill)
Cc:        bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Cdrom

> Unable to install 2.0.  FreeBSD announces it found my Mitsumi CDRom on IRQ
> 10 while it is actually on IRQ 5.  So when reading it times out every
> time (I assume this is the reason, since it is an obvious error)  Anyway
> the thing won't work.  Can copy some things to the mounted DOS partition
> but it is not large enough to do much.  Incidentally the DOS partition
> can out e or something not the last (h, I think it was in the example).
>
> Any guidance would be appreciated.

At the ``boot:'' prompt do a ``-c'', then at the ``config>'' prompt
do a ``irq mcd0 5'', then a ``quit''.

Look in the documents for the stuff about hardware configuration
and what FreeBSD's defaults are.  We can't autodetect IRQ's so
some assumptions are made here about what is where.  The boot -c option
is there so you can fix our sometimes incorrect assumptions.

Or, you can move your Mitsumi CDRom to IRQ10 if nothing is using
that IRQ.