Date:      Sat, 2 Oct 2004 17:17:08 -0000 (GMT)
From:      "Thomas Beer" <mailings@analogon.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   MBR & boot/boot0

Dear All,

I'm aware of the covering of this issue on the web. However,
I can't find an answer to my specific question. I would
like to boot XP & FBSD using the M$ bootloader. Both
distros will reside on one HD on two primary partitions. The
bootloader (BOOT.INI) looks like:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
C:\BOOTSECT.BSD="FreeBSD"
C:\="DOS

C:\BOOTSECT.BSD will be the content of /boot/boot0 which
will be created by FBDS during installation. I'll
copy this to a disk and save it back on XP as bootsect.bsd

Unclear is if /boot/boot0 will be created (correctly)
if "None" in the menu "Install Boot Manager for drive adx?"
is choosen.

Thanks in advance Tom