Date:      Sat, 6 Sep 97 19:55:27 MET DST
From:      fj@login.dknet.dk (Flemming Jacobsen)
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hauppauge Win/TV and fxtv problems

Hi,

When booting the kernel made from the bt848.970604.tgz kernel I
get:
    bktr0 <BrookTree 848> rev 17 int a irq 12 on pci0:10
	    mapreg[10] type=0 addr=fbff0000 size=1000.
	    reg16: virtual=0xf4f32000 physical=0xfbff0000 size=0x1000
    brooktree0: PCI bus latency is 80.
    bktr0: buffer size 3555328, addr 0x3000000
    Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Temic PAL tuner.

I sometimes get messages of the form shown below in the console
log:
    bktr0: ioctl: tsleep error 35 1000f0c

> Luigi  submitted code for Euro-Channels so  download
> ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/bt848.tar.gz
> and give it a try.

When trying this kernel I get a `fatal trap 9: general
protection fault while in kernel mode' right after the
mapreg[10]-line.

>From the comments made by the other nice people who has made
suggestions, I realize that my description wasn't all that
clear. So I'll try again:

  When using my external (old Philips 7300) tuner I select
`Video', and everything is fine.
  When using either a small antenna or the signal from my cable
company (both connected to the TV-in plug (which is "going into"
the tuner metal box on the PCB) - I've doublechecked that I
didn't use the Radio-in plug) I get the blue window (for some
reason I don't get static anymore). I've tried all 4
combinations of the antenna/cable radio button and an antenna or
cable-feed connected to TV-in.
(does anyone know what the antenna/cable radio button does ?)

  I've tried the driver from Luigi's page (the one for text
reception (I had to add a dummy #define for something text
related to make it compile)), I get the same result as described
above.

	Have a nice weekend
	Flemming

--
Flemming Jacobsen            It'll probably say something like "Does not
                             compute" or "Inoperative parameters". That's