Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:20:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Andre Oppermann <oppermann@pipeline.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: NSF Trusted Computing program]

Unfortunately, NSF is really interested in academic institutions and
non-profits.  NAI Labs, due to its association with NAI, counts as a
for-profit entity, and is likely not to be applicable for this grant. With
an appropriate academic or non-profit partner acting as the prime
contractor, we could act as a sub-contractor and be applicable for funds,
and there are a variety of useful activities this could cover relating to
FreeBSD.  Obviously, we would be interested in hearing from institutions
that are appropriately qualified and interested in such a partnership.

Interesting questions would include whether or not the FreeBSD Foundation
is qualified.  This is an opportunity we should not miss--if we don't get
these funds, someone else will.