Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:15:21 +1100
From:      "Andrew Cowan" <andrew.cowan@hsd.com.au>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Question Regarding FDisk

I was installing 4.4 release for a friend last
weekend, and was trying to remember how to
create a 'dangerous dedicated' disk.  Finally
worked out that the 'F' key did the job, but
then I studidly marked the partition as active
also.

After the installation completed, the disk was
unbootable, it just kept repeating the press
'F1 - FreeBSD' prompt at me.

My questions are: Why doesnt FDisk display the
'F' key option? and why does it allow a D.D.
drive to be marked as active, if it will result
in an unbootable drive?

Finally, I am not sure if this is how I created
D.D. Disks in the past.  Why was this changed?

Cheers,
Andrew Cowan