Date:      Mon, 3 Dec 2012 08:05:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Chris H" <chris#@1command.com>
To:        "freebsd-stable" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   What's the most effective way to restart net && children?

Greetings,
 I've always maintained at least a /24 since the early 80's.
I'm now evaluating a new ISP, and am not ready to commit. Until then I'll be
forced to use DHCP. My problem is that they are really mercenary about their
lease(s) -- ~24hrs! So, given that I am treating the assigned IP(s) as pseudo-static,
I would prefer not to bounce the box(es).
I currently bounce them alternating rc & hosts, etc. I can easily switch configs
"on the fly" by restarting network & related services, but am looking for a
_graceful_ way to re-start the network. I see /etc/netstart, but it looks a little
more /brutal/ than I was hoping for. Any and all suggestions _greatly_ appreciated.

Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

--Chris