Date:      Tue, 3 Aug 2004 21:00:05 -0500
From:      "Daniel M. Kurry" <gh@over-yonder.net>
To:        Kevin Koch <kcoch1@midsouth.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Programmer's reference guide for the SB-LIVE?

Kevin Koch said something like:
> Anyone have any documentation the soundblaster-live soundcards(the
> hardware side/chipset, developingg software for it, etc)
> It would probably make our tasks easier in the bsd world I think.  And
> maybe porting linux audio software to FreeBSD alot easier too.
> And at a faster rate.
> Maybe even some of us coming up with better/more origional software than
> the linux world :)

I cannot provide a helpful answer to your question.
But,
These guys have written what I understand to be pretty good sound drivers
for many cards, including the Live, Audigy, and Audigy2 cards:
< http://www.opensound.com/ >
The demo works for 3 hours at a stint, and the budget version is 20
bucks. I have no personal experience with them, yet.

I'm with you, though. I would like to have a first-party SBLive
driver that let's me use all the features I paid for in the card. Hell,
I'd settle for a working headphone jack (on the LiveDrive).

Dan