Date:      Sun, 17 May 1998 16:15:38 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        Bill Vermillion <bill@bilver.magicnet.net>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiport ethernet cards.

Garrett Wollman wrote:

> <<On Sun, 17 May 1998 08:25:39 -0400 (EDT), Bill Vermillion <bill@bilver.magicnet.net> said:
>
> > At one time I recall there was a company making multi-port ethernet
> > cards - Znyx.  The only Zynx I can find on the net is a health-care
> > firm.  The only other pointer I've found to multi-port ethernet
> > cards is a company called Cogent - but their address gives a no DNS
> > response.
>
> When I was at Interop earlier this month, there was another company,
> Phobos, which sold quad-port Ethernets.  From looking at them, they
> appeared to be based on their Gig nic silicon.  The rep I talked to
> said that it should be possible to get full programming info.

The device-driver honcho there is Chris Bodily.  Tell him to be nice,
or Wes will NEVER take him out to lunch.  And remind him he still
owes me a Gigabit PCI card.  ;^)

I think his email address is Chris_M_Bodily@phobos.com.  If that doesn't
work, mail to research_development@phobos.com and mark the message
to the attention of Chris.