Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 16:15:13 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel config script

David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 30 May 1999, Bill Huey wrote:
>
> > That's fundamentally disturbing especially coming from other fellow
> > Unix variant folks.
>
> Inter-UNIX rivalries are one of things that has kept unix healthy for so
> long.  Linux tends to pick up most of the 3L1t3 dudez, who don't know

     Inter-Unix rivalries are one of the big things that's slowed down
Unix development and allowed Windows to thrive.  If the rivalries didn't
exist, Unix would be *MUCH* better than it currently is.  I'm not just
talking about FreeBSD vs Linux; I'm talking about all of the other major
Unix vendors, too.

     I think Bill has a point: all this rivalry is disturbing.  I'm
surrounded by Linux users, and yet I still manage to use FreeBSD without
having to stoop to emotional arguments and name-calling.  Personally, I
find all this hand waving, venting of hot air, and attempted kicking of
hind parts rather boring.  I've got better and often more enjoyable
things to do.  For those of you who enjoy all this name-calling and
dirt-flinging, I've got one thing to say: grow up and get a life.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.