Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2012 15:36:00 -0600
From:      ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt@burggraben.net>
Subject:   Re: was: portsnap down.. cvs broken?

On Tuesday 13 November 2012 14:41:07 Christoph Moench-Tegeder wrote:
> ## Jeffrey Bouquet (jeffreybouquet@yahoo.com):
> > UPDATING is a broken link from freshports.org
> > cvs/cvsup is not doing anything here for the last twelve hours or so...
> > cvsweb is a broken link from freebsd.org
> >
> > UPDATING might have a clue (something about git) but I am unable to view
> > it, as the cvs nor sites have access...
>
> The svnweb interface works just fine: http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/
> but I didn't want to checkout my ports tree from svn for reasons of
> overhead on both sides and in between. portsnap is really cool.
>
> Regards,
> Christoph

IOn my FreeBSD 9.1-RC3 "portsnap fetch update" doesn't work and I got
Looking up portsnap.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 6 mirrors found.
Fetching snapshot tag from your-org.portsnap.freebsd.org... done.
Latest snapshot on server matches what we already have.
No updates needed.
Ports tree is already up to date.

It is from yesterday noon. On Sunday I didn't try.

Mitja
--------
http://www.redbubble.com/people/lumiwa