Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 08:49:25 +0100
From:      gouders@et.bocholt.fh-gelsenkirchen.de
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Difference between RELEASE and VERSION

Hello,

I'd like to ask a native English speaker for an explanation of the
difference between the terms "release" and "version".

The reason for my question is that I am working on a translation and I
am not sure if I should translate these terms into German (which would
probably result in the same German word) or if I should keep the
English words in order not to drop subtle nuances.

Thanks,

Dirk