Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 1995 10:21:14 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        julian@tfs.com, dleeds@eagle.ais.net, hackers@FreeBSD.org, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ultrastor 34f

: It's broken enough already.  I used these patches (by John Mackin) in 1.1.5
: and in 2.x to fix the handling of sense errors.  Without these patches, the
: driver happily reads and writes to nonexistent media and beyond EOF on
: tapes (as if from and to /dev/zero).  I don't know anything about the
: hardware so I can't check the changes.

And I thought that it was just the SCSI subsytem that did this, or
that my "known rogue" (Archive 150) had something to do with it. :-(

I'll have to build a new kernel and test this out.....

Thanks Bruce

Warner