Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 1995 00:18:14 -0800
From:      hasty@netcom.com (Amancio Hasty Jr)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, hm@altona.hamburg.com
Subject:   Re: BSD Consortium

>ALL the FreeBSD, NetBSD and BSDI users/groups/companies should be willing
>and agreeing to form such a consortium!

Nice thought but it will probably never happen.
I think that at this stage is more important to focus on the applications
rather than on the OS features. I bet a lot of linux users get a kick
out of running doom . If we had native applications such as word processors,
spread sheets, drawing tools (I mean drawing tools such as the one
used for creating the FreeBSD Logo) then I can I see more talent being
attracted to the group. Another aspect is marketing, there has been
a few of the Linux distributors which have advertised on major magazines.

Cheers,
	Amancio