Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 95 11:33:19 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        esser@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ls_length in struct linker_set

> I'll change the code to use a value of NULL as the end marker.
>
> (Though I've got to admit, that I don't understand, why that is
> better than using the length field. Is there something special
> with GNU ld, and the length field shouldn't be relied on ???)

Because you might want to statically declare all sets rather than
having a linker make it for you.

Consider that most of the items that get "linker sets" have manifest
constant kernel options to get them in in the first place.  Then
consider that you might have a non-self-hosted porting environment
that doesn't support linker sets. 8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---