Date:      Fri, 16 May 1997 09:58:12 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wincast/tv which one?

Bernie Doehner:
 |I just picked up a Stealth 3D 2000 clone video card that will hopefuly
 |work with WinCast/TV, and I am about to order my WinCast from iQVC.

I see most of your other questions were answered by folks on the list.

When I was video card shopping, this was one of the many I surfed.  If
memory serves, the Stealth 3D 2000 is a S3 Virge-based DRAM card.

Ken Stox and I are both running STB Velocity 3Ds (also S3 Virge chipset)
with the Wincast with no problems.  The XFree86 3.2A S3V server works fine
in 8 and 16bpp.  These are VRAM cards though, so though the chipset is the
same, the RAM speed and single-/dual-portedness of the video memory is
different between these cards.

However, having said that, I've had the Wincast blasting to my 2Meg
EDO-DRAM Hercules Stingray 64 with no problem, so there's a good change the
3D 2000 will work fine.

 |Last question.. Coming out of the wincast TV I gather is line level audio.
 |How weak is it?? I won't be getting my GUS MAX for another month. Is it

Standard line (not speaker) impedence, so you'll want to use an amp or the
line in jack of your soundcard.

Randall