Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:57:34 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Enhancing the CS461x audio driver...

Hi there hackers,

I have a Terratec card based on the CS461x chip that comes with an S/PDIF
optical output which I'd like to use. This feature is available under Windows
but not under FreeBSD. I've downloaded some docs from the Crystal
Semiconductor site but need some help as of where to start from. My idea is
to add an ioctcl call to enable/disable the digital output, but I have no
previous experience with driver hacking. Is this feature already in the TODO
list of the driver already or has someone else started working on this?

Yours,

--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net
        EnergyHQ :: http://energyhq.homeip.net