Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 23:10:00 -0600
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/ too big?

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 06:18:02PM -0600, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:
> > Quite likely because this arena is too obscure and cluttered with (to them)
> > extraneous material.  Of course, YOU object to it being discussed in forums
> > where they are more likely to congregate.
>
> NO!  The Handbook which *clearly* states

Typical "backroom politics" strategy --
Advertise the "public" meeting only in the hall outside the executive washroom
Then come forward with your report and truthfully state that "no one objected"

And you are ignoring the fact that I advocate this strategy beyond the ports.
Ports just happens to be the better place to demonstrate and refine the idea.
--
Richard Wackerbarth
rkw@Dataplex.NET