Date:      Sat, 20 Mar 1999 13:10:10 -0500
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW Forward command working?

I have two internet links here at home. One is a high-speed cable modem,
the other a dial line to the local ISP. I have a small Lan here, running
through my FreeBSD Server as a router.

What I'd like to do is route traffic from the machines on the LAN to the
dial link, while letting the http proxy (apache) use the cable modem
for faster http and ftp access.

I tried setting up the rule:

ipfw add 100 fwd <other side of PPP link> all from <localnet> to any

While this command seems to reroute the packets properly, ping (and other
transfers) seem to be dropping a large number (> 50%) of the packets. Is
this code unstable or unusable? Or am I just not using it correctly?
	-Brian